What is the Baggage Policy of Spirit Airlines?
Spirit Airlines has achieved a greater status in the aviation industry by offering economical flight tickets. Users must understand different policies if they plan to purchase spirit airline tickets. Right now, we are talking about Spirit Airline Baggage policy.
You must understand that Spirit Airlines doesn’t permit any checked and carry-on bags at basic fares. Baggage fees are also likely to hike as the flight leaving dates come nearer. What should a consumer do to pay a minimal baggage fee?
- Passengers should buy baggage allowance and check-in bags in advance during the initial flight booking.
- Consumer must recognize every aspect of Spirit Airlines' baggage policy, making it simpler to purchase a plane ticket under their cash capacity.
- The airline will take charges for carry-on and checked bags; these bags should not surpass the allowed size determined by the airline authority.
- You can only bring one item in a free check-in bag. You need to pay more as you carry more items in it.
- Moreover, carry-on bags should not be enormous it should fit to keep under the seats.
- Oversized and overweight bags will get entry only after paying the applicable charges.
What Personal Item I Can Carry With No Charges
Users can bring personal items such as tiny backpacks or purses that must not surpass 45x30x30 cm dimensions handles, and tires are included. In case you have brought any extra personal items, it is necessary to make payment for their charges.
- Ensure the carry-on bag size is not increased by 22x18x10 Inches or 56x46x25 cm.
- We have stated the maximum weight and size of a carry-on bag. If the airline cannot put away securely a carry bag in a specific aircraft, then the airline will; consider it as a checked bag.
- For checked bags, please don’t carry more than 18x14x8 inches or 45 x 35 x 20 cm comprising wheels and knobs.
- The maximum weight allowed for a checked bag is 18.14 kg or 40 pounds. If the bag weight surpasses the permitted, you may have to pay additional.
- Spirit Airlines will, however, not accept bags weighing more than 100 pounds (45 kg) or whose size is more than 80 linear inches (203 cm) in overall dimensions.
- But Spirit Airlines will never allow weight exceeding 45 KG or 100 pounds or dimensions 203 cm.
What does Spirit Airlines' carry-on baggage policies and regulations?
Spirit Airlines carry-on rules and criteria state that customers may bring one personal item without incurring a fee or tax. A laptop, musical instrument, backpack, handbag, camera, or other personal object can be used.
Spirit Airlines luggage size/dimensions and carry-on weight limit
- On Spirit Airlines, the permitted checked baggage size is 22*18*10 inches (50 linear inches) or 56*46*25 centimetres (127 centimetres).
- Carry-on baggage has to fit under the traveler's seat or in the above storage.
- The dimensions of the personal object cannot exceed 18*14*8 inches (50 linear inches) or 46*36*20 centimetres (102 centimetres).
- The personal object must fit entirely under the passenger's seat.
- Diaper bags, jackets, duty-free items, umbrellas, and assistance devices (strollers, wheelchairs, child restraint seats, crutches, walkers, and so on) do not count as carry-on baggage.
Also, because the bulkhead seats lack under-seat storage, customers will have to keep all carry-on luggage in the overhead bin throughout the flight's take-off and landing.
Excess baggage or Additional
|Baggage category||Max Weight||Fee||Max Size (L+W+H)|
|Gate check baggage fee||$65||62"|
|First checked bag||40lbs||$21-$50||80"|
|Second checked bag||40lbs||$31-$60||80"|
|Third - fifth checked bag||40lbs||$76-$100||80"|
|Oversized bag if||40lbs||$150||80"+|
What is Check-in Baggage rules and limitations for Spirit Airlines?
The Spirit Airlines check in baggage rules and requirements specify that you can bring two bags as checked baggage and a maximum of five bags (foreign travel limitations apply; consult the Spirit Airlines official website for further information).
Spirit Airlines enforced baggage weight and size/dimensions restrictions.
- The maximum permissible dimensions for checked baggage on Spirit Airlines are 157 centimetres or 62 inches (length+width+height).
- The checked luggage weight of Spirit Airlines must not exceed 18 kilogrammes (40 pounds).
How much Oversize baggage charges on Spirit Airlines?
The spirit airlines oversize baggage tax is $100 USD for luggage measuring 158 to 203 centimetres (63 to 80 linear inches) and $150 USD for bags from 203 to 406 centimetres (80 to 160 linear inches). Spirit Airlines will not accept any luggage larger than 406 centimetres or 160 linear inches.
By reading the preceding article, you should have gotten a thorough understanding of Spirit Airlines' luggage policy. However, if you have any further questions or concerns, you can call the Spirit Airlines baggage contact number.