Spirit Airlines Name Change or Correction Policy
Spirit Airlines name change policy, many travellers have worried about If they are capable to swap passengers or what happens if they have a misspelled name on their boarding pass.
Airlines have procedures in place to assist passengers to handle such circumstances, such as how much time before the passengers in the schedules department can change their name and how much it would cost. Let's go over the essential points.
How to Change the Name on a Spirit Flight Ticket?
Passengers can replace a maximum of three letters in their initial, centre, or final names under Spirit's change of name service. The combination of three characters should not be three independent characters for first name, middle name, and final name.
There are other rules for example,
- If there is an official name change, Spirit will be able to change the name on the ticket request at no more cost.
- Spirit Airlines' policy on name changes does not cover any other details related to the person, For example, phone number & gender.
- More information related to Date of Birth, Telephone number, gender, and passport details must be provided for identity modification evidence for example, a wedding document, an order from the court, a divorce decision, or any other legal modification of name details.
- It is recommended to include your middle name, as well as any prefixes and/or endings, for example, to match the name exactly as it appears on the government-issued photo identification.
- Passenger has several flight segments, the name change request will be on the airline's flight segment.
- Passengers are able to cancel without risk within the airline's danger-free time and can change or correct over the next 24 hours and incur no Spirit Airlines name change fee.
- The airline must fly the flight, moreover, the ticket's stock code hasto start with 095.
- The name change guidelines for Spirit Airlines limits the change in the administration of the reservations.
Travellers can change or correct their names when purchasing flights online or over the phone. Let's look at the Spirit Airlines name change procedure via two lenses:
Method 1: Online Change/Correction of Incorrect Name on Ticket
Here is a step-by-step guide on changing the name on an online flight reservation -
- To update a Spirit Flight's identity, go to the airline's website and select the 'Manage Booking' option.
- Enter your six-digit reservation number here as well as the passenger's last name. Press the ‘confirm' option to recover the reservation.
- To change the passenger's name, press the ‘change' option to modify your username.
- Enter the proper name.
- Online, you can correct a maximum of three characters.
- Change the name so that it looks exactly like the one on the government-issued photo identification.
- Attach the official documents to authenticate the passenger's correct name. Spirit Airlines name change fee must be paid.
- Passengers will receive confirmation through email with their right name.
Method 2: Contact the airline's customer service to change or correct your name.
Contact Spirit Airline customer support department and request that the name be changed or corrected a maximum of 24 hours before the scheduled departure.
Spirit Airlines' Policy About Name Correction
To change flight tickets, it is to attempt any speculative inferences booking in the expectation that an inquiry for an identity adjustment would be later. Such action is airlines that are rude. Here are the main points to correct Spirit Airlines' incorrect name on the ticket -
- Spirit Airlines will not accept ticket name change requests based on the current PNR. If the PNR's ticket is, the flight must cancel. The new reservation will ‘be issued based on available space.
- Spirit Airlines name correction's defined as the correction of a passenger's title, last name, first name, and second name as a result of a misspelling or missing part of the name.
- The request should be as a complete change of the passenger's last name, second name, or first name, or any/circumstances where passengers changed the name they are able to apply.
- The passenger's title and the character from space in an inquiry for a name modification are included in the three-character limit.
- Personal travel details, such as date of birth (DOB), can'be added, deleted, or changed and are excluded by the reservation source towards the three-character restrictions.
- Requests for name changes on plane tickets where passengers altered their middle name, initial name, or any/all of the above will be a legally binding travel documents.
- All flight tickets produced using frequent flier miles clubs are subject to name correction/change restrictions at all times.
- According to Spirit Airline's name correction policy, swapping passenger requests is not permitted.
How much does it cost to alter the name on a Spirit Airlines ticket?
The charge for changing your name on Spirit Airlines varies. The good news is that if you have to replace one character to correct a minor typo, Spirit Airlines will not charge you. This is not the case with a full name change. That being stated, the Spirit Airline name change policy says nothing about the whole name change need. It appears that it is not permissible, but I urge that you contact the Spirit Airline bookings service to see if there is another option.
The cost of altering the name on your travel ticket is determined by the airline. Some airlines provide one free ticket correction. Others will levy a "correction fee" or "change fee" ranging from $50 to $200. There may be more fees if you cancel your flight and rebook it under your new name.
Airlines also have different requirements for name changes. Some will let you fix it by logging into your online account. Others will ask you to contact their customer service department or one of their ticketing agents. If you speak with a compassionate ticketing agent, you might be able to get the cost waived.
Can I give my spirit ticket to someone else?
Yes! You can give Spirit Airlines tickets to someone else by following the airline's official regulations. Using the services given by this airline, any passenger can complete this duty. You can do this by creating a reservation for someone else. This may appear absurd, yet it is doable thanks to its support crew.
This airline does not allow you to give your existing booking to another person. You can, but, only complete the process of Transferring a Spirit Ticket to Another Person by following the official guidelines. You can complete it by visiting the official website or calling the customer support team at spirit.com.
Could you use your Spirit Airlines credit to help someone else?
Indeed! It is possible to utilise your Spirit Airlines credit to book a flight or buy any other related goods for someone else. You can do this by following the official guidelines, which allow you to utilise Spirit credit to present someone else at any special event or customer service. You can do this by following the official instructions outlined here.
- Log in to your official Spirit Airlines account on the official Spirit Airlines website.
- Enter the account using the appropriate sign-in information.
- Select the flight booking option and fill out the required reservation details.
- Select the flight and fill out the passenger information for someone else.
- Use the credits earned by this airline to upgrade your Spirit flight.
- On the final payment page, select the Redeem A Voucher Or Credit option and provide the necessary information.
- Make a flight reservation by paying with a credit card and receiving confirmation through email.
Documents Required for Spirit Airlines Ticket Name Change
Documents Needed for a Name Change
Assume a traveller needs to change their name because of one of the removed details. In that case, individuals might be able to do so online in some cases without presenting any documents.
But, in rare cases, travellers must submit evidence to Spirit Airlines to change the name on their tickets. When in doubt, keep the following items on hand:
The Marriage Licence Court Orders Divorce Decree Legal Documents Supporting a Legal Name Change
Change of Legal Name
According to Spirit Airlines' name change policy, passengers may change their legal name. The primary cause for changing their name could be a divorce, marriage, court action, etc. But, to change your name, you must produce supporting documentation.
Read Also: Spirit Airlines Seat Selection
Yes, before any passenger corrects the last name, the last name, first name, and middle name must be identical to the government-issued photo ID, according to Spirit Airlines' name correction policy. Please contact our airline officials if you want to change your entire last name.