How can I add My Child to My Spirit Flight Reservation?
It may be thrilling and difficult to travel with kids, but Spirit Airlines is here to make your trip as easy as possible. We have all the information you need, whether you're unsure How can I add my child to my Spirit Flight reservation information to your Spirit trip or looking for facts on the airline's baby policy. We'll provide you all the information you want for a hassle-free travel with your children in our in-depth guide.
Adding Your Child to Your Spirit Flight Booking
During the booking process, you can include a kid as an infant or lap child if you intend to fly with one who is seven days old to under two years old.
- Open the Spirit Airlines website.
- Navigate to the "Manage Booking" section and enter your flight details.
- Select a suitable flight for your journey.
- Add your itinerary and lap child to your booking.
- For the procedure to be finished, click the submit button.
Flying with a Baby on Spirit Airlines
Spirit Airlines welcomes infants who are more than seven days old and not on incubator support. Book a Flight Book Airlines a separate seat for your lap child is not mandatory, as they will be assigned a seat during the check-in process.
Spirit Airlines Infant Policy
Here are the Spirit Infant Policy guidelines to follow when flying with children on Spirit Airlines:
- Lap Child: Infants aged from 7 days to 23 months old do not require a paid seat. However, passengers have the option to book a seat for their convenience.
- 24-Month-Old Children: For children who are 24 months old, regardless of their birthday falling between the outbound and return flights, a seat reservation is required for them to travel to their destination.
- Documentation: You must provide documented proof that the infant is less than 2 years old. The required documents may include a birth certificate and passport upon request.
- Life Support: Infants on life support systems are not permitted to board Spirit Airlines flights.
- Seat Selection: Lap children can accompany passengers aged 15 years or older and are not allowed to select seats in emergency exit rows or the rows immediately in front of or behind the emergency exit rows.
- Adding a Lap Child: When booking your flight online or through customer support, ensure you add the lap child to your reservation.
Adding Your Lap Child to Your Spirit Reservation
You can add your lap child to your Spirit Airlines reservation either during the online booking process or by contacting the customer support team at the airport. Follow the regular booking procedure and look for the "Children & Infants" section to add your lap child.
Lap Children Rules for Spirit Airlines
Here are some essential rules regarding lap children on Spirit Airlines:
- Only one lap child is allowed per guest aged 15 years or older.
- Infants aged seven days or less who require an incubator or life-support system cannot travel.
- Lap children and children in car seats cannot occupy seats in emergency exit rows or seats equipped with inflatable seatbelts.
- Lap children can be added during the booking process or through other reservation channels.
- Children aged from 7 days to their second birthday are considered lap children and do not require a paid seat. However, you have the option to purchase a seat for your infant if desired.
Spirit Airlines Infant Baggage Allowance
Spirit Airlines also has specific guidelines for infant baggage allowance in addition to their standard baggage policies:
- One stroller and a car seat per child are allowed without additional charges.
- Passengers traveling with two children can carry a double stroller on board. It is crucial to check with the airline or read the fare terms listed on your tickets because the size of the pram may vary.
- Diaper bags, which do not count against your personal or carry-on luggage allowance, are permitted for travellers who are accompanied by children under the age of two.
Travelling with children on Spirit Airlines is made simpler with these guidelines and policies in place. By understanding the rules and procedures, you can ensure a comfortable and hassle-free journey with your little ones. So, prepare for your next family adventure with Spirit Airlines and create lasting memories with your children in tow.