Get Information about Spirit Airlines Infant Policy
How can I add my child to my Spirit flight reservation?
If your child is seven days old or younger and under the age of two, you can add them as an infant or lap child by going to the manage booking part of the website or calling the spirit contact centre at 1-855-728-3555. The article below will supply all the information; read it to keep up to date and knowledgeable.
The lap child's mentioned when booking a flight, according to the airline's requirements. Check out the steps listed below:
- Launch the webpage.
- Go to Manage Booking and enter the flight information to find it.
- Select an appropriate flight.
- Include an itinerary and a lap kid in your Booking.
- Press the submit button.
How do you fly on Spirit with a baby?
Spirit Airlines enables passengers to fly if the infant is more than 7 days old and not on incubator support. It is not necessary to reserve a seat for a lap child. You will, but, assign a seat at the time of check-in.
Infant Policy on Spirit Airlines
The following are the rules that travelles must follow when flying with children:
- A lap child, aged 7 days to 23 months, does not have a paid seat. But passengers may reserve a seat for their convenience.
- The reservation for the 24-month-old children's purchased by the flyers. Even if their birthday falls between the departure and return flights, the child must buy a seat to fly to their destination.
- You must show certified confirmation that the infant is under the age of two years. On request, documents must be a certificate and a passport.
- Infants on life support are not permitted to board the flight.
- Lap children must be 15 years old or older and cannot choose the emergency or front exit row.
- You must include the lap child while booking your flight online or through customer service.
Baggage transport for children according to Spirit Airlines laws
Spirit Airlines permits you to fly with your newborn infant as early as two weeks after birth, and also allows you to take his own handbag in addition to a cot or car seat for free.
A paying child on Spirit Airlines is entitled to ordinary luggage allotment. If, on the other hand, the infant is travelling on his parents' lap, he is entitled to a regular carry-on bag weighing no more than 11 to 22 pounds to take his personal items, in addition to the parents' own allotment. or guardian accompanying him on board.
Transporting infant liquids: How to Get Through Airport Security
Infant formula, breast milk, juice, and baby food are permitted in carry-on baggage if in compact containers and in acceptable quantities.
Carry breast milk in your hand baggage
Passengers travelling with infants may bring breast milk on board. However, it is better to contact Spirit Airlines Infant Policy prior to departure to find out the maximum amount of powder that can be carried in the handbag in order to prevent having it thrown away by airport security.
Food must be kept cool.
It is not possible to place baby food in a refrigerator when boarding the flight. It is therefore best to be as self-sufficient as possible by packing everything in an insulated lunch box.
Pack your food in the baby bag.
The child's parent should check Spirit Airlines' meal policy at least 48 days before departure, as some meals require a reservation.
The Spirit low-cost airline permits the baby's parent to take meals regardless of whether the journey is domestic or international.
Fruits, vegetables, meats, and pureed desserts are common ingredients in baby meals. Children's meals are intended for children aged two and up. Contact a Spirit Airlines Infant Policy customer adviser by phone, text, or chat to order a meal for a newborn or child.
There is a stroller and a car seat on board.
Travelling by flying with a newborn frequently necessitates the use of special equipment. Spirit Airlines, thankfully, offers one or two complimentary childcare items in the baggage compartment for children below the age limit of two (remember to mark them). Before leaving, check with your organisation. Baby carriers, travel cribs, and all large baggage are stored in the hold, unless your pushchair is compact and can be stored in the cabin.
To avoid being encumbered or paying an additional luggage fee, do not pay a surcharge for flying with a baby. In fact, you will almost certainly be able to rent equipment on the spot.
To travel by plane with a newborn in peace, anticipation is the keyword. Plan something to keep your child entertained during the flight. Choose a spacious, practical changing bag: even if your kid is travelling on your lap, he is allowed to carry-on luggage. You will write:
- His meals were provided for the time frame of the journey.
- A change of clothes or two.
- A compact newborn first aid kit, with physiological serum and pain relievers.
- Age-appropriate games and toys: stickers, book.
- What to change it with: diapers, liniment, cottons or wipes, changing mat.
- A modest blanket to cover him in warmth.
Don't forget to clothe your child appropriately for the flight: the air conditioning can make him cold. Don't skimp on socks or sweaters. The ideal is to dress it in various layers so that it may modify its clothes to the temperature on the plane. Also, wear garments that are both comfy and stretchy.
Avoid stuffing the bag with toys as well: the little bits are intrigued. Your infant will be aware of everything around him,... If he isn't asleep. He may indeed sleep for a significant portion of the flight, especially if you have opted to fly at night. Exit the toys that are too noisy for the moments of awakening, since they may elicit the fury of other travellers. Instead, choose his favourite stuffed animals, comforter, rattle, or books, which you will bring out gradually to keep him occupied for as long as possible.