How Do I Avoid Paying Baggage Fees on spirit airlines?
Spirit Airlines is popular for its low-cost carrier. And it is known for its budget-friendly ticket prices. Although, they have a reputation of charging additional fees. For the services that many other airlines include in their ticket prices. For example; baggage fees etc. Check details about the topic. In this article here.
If you are planning a trip with Spirit Airlines. You want to avoid these extra charges. Thus, here are some tips you can use.
Overview of Spirit Airlines
Spirit Airlines has lowest ticket fares. Throughout the America. They have domestic and international flights. Their fares are the lowest. As compared to other airlines. However, it comes with few drawbacks. As all the services are chargeable. You need to pay for every service separately. Thus, learn your way around Spirit Airlines.
How to Avoid Paying Baggage Fees on Spirit Airlines?
- First and fore-most thing is to pack light. They allow one personal item for free. The dimensions of the bag should be 18"x14"x8". You should not exceed the limit. It could be a small backpack, handbag. Or even a briefcase. And if you fit all your items into one bag. You can totally avoid the additional luggage charge. But this requires careful packing. This can save you some money.
- If you are paying for your bags. Then pay for them early. If you know in-advance. That you will need to check-in a bag. Or you will bring a carry-on. Then it is cheaper to pay for these while booking your flight. The charges of checking a luggage increases. When you reach to the airport. It is even more costly, when you pay for it at the gate. If you pay for your luggage. At the time you book your flight. You can save luggage fees. That too up-to 50%.
- If you join the $9 Fare Club. The annual fee of its members is $9. Then under Fare Club discounts on bags. You can have access to the reduced fares. In case you travel with the airlines frequently. There will be huge savings on luggage and tickets. And you can easily set-off the cost of membership.
- Do you have a Spirit Airlines Credit Card? Use that credit card. They have a credit card deal. Which includes a free checked luggage. As well as a free carry-on bag. It is only for the cardholder. In case you fly frequently with them. This deal could be a good way. And you can easily avoid luggage fees.
- At last, always understand the luggage policy. Know the weight and size limits. Spirit Airlines also has stringent limits on the weight. As well as on size of checked bags. In any case you exceed these limits. You will have to pay. For the overweight or oversized luggage fee. Thus, make sure to weigh your bag. As well as measure your bags. Before going to the airport. And prevent these extra luggage charges.
To conclude, there are many ways to avoid luggage fee. Although, Spirit Airlines' luggage fees is a burden. And add to the budget of your trip. But these several tips can get yout through. You can easily use to these avoid charges. Or at least reduce these charges. Just packing light, and pay early for your luggage. Or join the $9 Fare Club. You can also use the Spirit Airlines credit card. Also, learn the policies. Know the weight and size limits. You can save more money. And enjoy your travel with Spirit Airlines. In a more affordable manner. Have you understood, How Do I Avoid Paying Baggage Fees on spirit airlines?
You can avoid paying for Spirit Airline checked bags by:-
• Reducing your items
• Pay for the checked bags during booking.
• Be a Spirit Savers Club member.
• Carry your military documents.
Get your Spirit baggage fee waived by:-
• Know the baggage charges.
• Use a credit card.
• Book the first or business class.
• Get the elite status membership.