Details About Spirit Airlines Pet Travel Policy
Are you travelling with a pet? Flying with pets can be a delightful experience. It frequently necessitates considerable preparation and thought. It is crucial to be aware of the pet policies of the airline. Are you are considering traveling with your pet? This post will go over Spirit Airlines' pet policy. We will give you all the details. Because, we want to make sure. That you and your pet have a stress-free and easy trip.
Read the article provided. And go through all the points. To understand the pet policies of the Spirit Airlines.
What Are Spirit Airlines Pet Policy?
Spirit Airlines is pet-friendly, and they allow only small dogs, cats and birds to fly inside the airplane with their owners on specific flights.
Which animals are not allowed?
The list of animals not allowed on the spirit Airlines’ domestic flights are as follows:
- Wild Birds
- Duck or chickens
All You Need to Know While Traveling with Your Furry Friends
- Small pets are welcome in the cabin. On the Spirit Airlines. However, there are some limitations and costs. Only cats, dogs, and birds are accepted as in-cabin pets. As per their pet policy. Rodents, and other animals are not allowed. They do not transport pets as cargo or checked luggage.
- You must secure a space for your pet in advance. If you want to bring them on board. It is critical to book early with Spirit Airlines. Because there are just a few cabin seats available for pets. You can book by getting in touch with Airlines' customer care. Or by including your pet in your reservation. While checking-in online.
- There are a few crucial rules. While carrying your pet in Spirit Airlines to transport. At the time of traveling, your pet must be 8 weeks old. Pet should also be completely weaned. Additionally, your pet's total weight in the carrier cannot be more than 40 pounds. The carrier must also fulfil the airline's size specifications. And be able to fit properly. Under a seat that is in front of your seat. Maximum measurements: 18" x 14" x 9."
What is the Price Policy for Pet?
Spirit Airlines charges $110 for all the domestic flights. This is the only fee for pet travel. And it will be applicable upon everyone, travelling with their pets.
Here are few rules. That will ensure the comfort and safety of all passengers. Your pet must remain inside their carrier. For the duration of the flight. Here are those rules:
- Health and documentation: It is critical to check your pet's health. And get it documented before booking a flight with Spirit Airlines. A health certificate provided by a medical professional within a specific amount of time prior to your travel can be necessary.
- Number of Pets: The maximum pets allowed on a flight is 2. As per the Spirit Airlines. Only one pet is allowed per guest.
- Pet Carrier Requirements: Your beloved pet must be transported in a carrier. That complies with Spirit Airlines' requirements. And has been certified by the airline. The carrier needs to be secure, and well-ventilated. As well as leak-proof. Additionally, it needs to have enough room. For your pet to stand, turn around, and lie down.
- Restrictions on Pets: While both cats and dogs are permitted as in-cabin pets. There are some restrictions on the breeds of dogs. Pit bulls and pit bull hybrids are not permitted. Keep all these points in mind while travelling with you pets.
- International Travel: If you are planning to travel internationally with your pet. And booking tickets with Spirit Airlines. They do not allow pets in international carriers.
- Emotional Support Animals: Spirit Airlines has special policies. Regarding the transportation of emotional support animals (ESAs). Passengers are required to present the proper documentation. As well as adhere to all ESA regulations. Made by the airline. If you want specific details on traveling with an ESA. It is best to get in touch with Spirit Airlines directly.
- Additional Considerations: Please note that not every Spirit Airlines flight is pet-friendly. There might be limitations on some flights. Because of the kind of aircraft or other issues. Therefore, it is imperative to confirm pet-friendly flight availability. Before finalizing your vacation plans.
Are there any exceptions to international flights’ pet policy?
Yes, only service animal is allowed on the international flights.
Read the Spirit Airlines Pet Policy here. The best method to get the most recent and correct information. About the Spirit Airlines' pet policy is to call them directly. Or visit their official website. If you check properly about the rules and regulations before travelling, then you can have a happy trip with your pet that's comforting and have fun. This will make your trip easier and less stressful.