What occurs if the weather cancels my Spirit flight?
Are you wondering about Spirit Airlines cancellation policy? Are you worried about what happened if your flight gets cancelled due to weather? Well, if you are thinking the same then don’t worry as we have mentioned the ways which you can opt for, in case your flight gets cancelled. Read this article till the end to discover some ways.
How Often Do Spirit Flights Get Cancelled?
Spirit Airlines have a relatively low cancellation rate, with a mere 3% of flights being cancelled. These cancellations are mainly due to technical faults, weather issues, or government announcements. If you're tensed about flight cancellations, stay calmed and assured that Spirit Airlines offers flexibility, allowing you to reschedule your flight or seek a refund.
How to Reschedule Your Spirit Flight Online with Ease?
If your Spirit flight is cancelled due to bad weather, you can reschedule it before the departure time. This flexibility is a relief for travellers dealing with unexpected weather-related disruptions. Here's a step-by-step guide on how to reschedule your Spirit flight online:
- Log in to the Spirit Airline website on your device.
- Tap the “My Trips” option on the homepage.
- Your flight ticket will appear on the screen.
- Extend the options underneath your booking details and select the preferred option to reschedule your flight.
- Make the changes and search for the flight availability at Spirit Airlines.
- Book the new flight and make the payment if required.
- Your Spirit flight will be rescheduled as per your preference.
In case you encounter any issues with the online rescheduling process, don't worry. You can contact Spirit Airlines customer service for human assistance and request the rescheduling of your flight ticket. Explain your concerns and provide the necessary booking details, and an official will assist you in completing the process.
How to Get a Refund if Your Spirit Flight is cancelled Due to Weather?
Are you wondering if Spirit airlines accept your refund request if flight get cancelled due to weather? Yes, the refund request will be initiated if the flight gets cancelled due to weather conditions. Follow the below mentioned steps to start the refund process:
- Go to the Spirit Airlines website.
- Open the “Manage booking” page on your screen.
- Log in with the registered account to view your booking.
- Under your cancelled flight, you'll find a refund option.
- Click on the refund button to access the refund form.
- Fill in the required personal details, cancelled flight details, and other necessary information.
- Hit the submit button to send your refund request to Spirit Airlines.
What is Spirit Airlines Flight Change Policy?
If you ever need to change your booked flights with Spirit Airlines, whether due to bad weather, sudden plan changes, or other reasons, it's important to be aware of the Spirit airline's flight change policy:
- You can change your flight before boarding the originally booked flight.
- Flight change charges apply to flight tickets that have passed 24 hours from the time of purchase.
- Changes made within 24 hours of purchase are done free of cost.
- You won’t have to pay for changes if the flight is delayed by more than 3 hours.
- If the cost of changing flights is higher than that of the previous flight, the fare difference must be paid by the passenger.
- If you have purchased the flight ticket with the flight flex option then you can change it for free once.
The chances of flight being cancelled by spirit airlines is very less, but in case it got cancelled due to emergencies like weather conditions then you shouldn’t worry as you can opt for refund or rebooking of the flight using the steps we have discussed in this article.